Food & Recipes, Home Entertaining, Videos
Indulge in Frozen Wine-Marinated Grapes: The Ideal Adult Snack
If you love frozen grapes, you’re going to absolutely swoon when you try this idea.
One of my favorite summer treats is frozen grapes. I love them, don’t you? They’re so easy to do – clean them, dry them, place them on a dish or pan, stick them into a freezer and then once frozen just store in a Ziploc! They’re really a great snack on hot days like the ones we’ve been having lately here in Beverly Hills.
Moms all over the world freeze grapes for their families. You can take them on camping trips, to the beach, to a game, or just have them around the house for whenever. My mom experimented with other fruits you can freeze, like watermelons, bananas, and applesauce. Freezing fruits is a fabulous snack for the kids, but how about a frozen treat just for the adults?
I found an answer on JulieBlanner.com, which is a great site to go for fun recipes and gift ideas.
I tried it out on my latest video. It’s very easy, and you can have fun sipping wine and snacking on grapes while you’re preparing them.
- Pick your grapes and wash them (common sense, right?).
- Damp dry and de-stem the grapes; place the destemmed grapes into a bowl.
- Pick a wine that you love and pour it over the grapes. In my video, I used red seedless grapes with Allomi Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley from the Hess Collection. But you can try this with white grapes and your favorite champagne or Prosecco, which is Italian white sparkling wine (spumante, frizzante, or tranquillo).
- Allow the grapes to marinate in the refrigerator for about 12 hours, or longer if you like.
- Drain the grapes and roll them in sugar while still damp with wine
- Set the sugared grapes out in a single layer on a tray or pan.
- Place the prepped grapes into your freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Serve them in a beautiful serving bowl for your guests as a snack.
One more cool little tip! You can add your grapes to a glass of wine to keep it cool. I’d serve them with the same wine that you used for the marinade. This idea is lots of fun with white frozen grapes and a glass of champagne!
If you're in need of fine glassware, browse our selection of champagne flutes and other items from Fran Bergers Signature Glassware Collection.