Food & Recipes, Home Entertaining, Lifestyle, Travel
7 Best Places to Pick Pumpkins for Halloween!
America’s Best Pumpkin Patches
For many of us Halloween means carving pumpkins. But the problem starts with where do you find the absolute BEST, most perfect pumpkin ever to showcase your carving talents? Here are my 7 best suggestions across the country to help you find the pumpkin of your dreams.
- Didier Farms, Lincolnshire, IL. You will find not only pumpkins at this pumpkin farm but also snacks and activities for the whole family. This farm is just outside of Chicago and they host an annual Pumpkinfest with hayrides, kettle corn and tons of other fun stuff to do.
- Tanaka Farms, Irvine, CA. This is 30 acres of pumpkin paradise! You actually choose your pumpkin while it’s still on the vine! Just for fun, they have a “pumpkin cannon” on the weekends!
- Bob’s Corn and Pumpkin Farm, Snohomish, WA. Besides a 30 acre pumpkin patch (with over 50 (!) kinds of pumpkins) they have a 10 acre corn maze. I’m not sure I’d want to get lost in 10 acres of corn but they do have fire pits inside the maze so it must be fun!
- Apple Dave’s Orchards, Warwick, NY. This pumpkin patch just north of New York City isn’t just for pumpkins. They have 10 different varieties of apples along with the pumpkins in their fields. It’s also a winery so you can take some wine home to help you with all that pumpkin carving into the night.
- G&M Farms, Livermore, CA. Located in the East Bay of Northern California G&M has a famous corn maze that stretches over 6 acres. If you make it through the maze you can pick your pumpkins!
- Boston Hill Farm, North Andover, MA. Boston Hill Farm offers not only pumpkins but apples as well. If you get there on a weekend they also have ribs and ice cream.
- Middleton’s Cedar Hill Farm, Waldorf, MD. Close to Washington DC – in order to reach the pumpkin patch here you take a 30 minute hayride.
So, no matter where you find your perfect pumpkin, don’t forget to toast those pumpkin seeds for the best snack all year!!